Everytime I'm on my own desktop, I forget to talk about the fun things Alden does. And everytime I'm on a different computer and can remember things I wanted to talk about, I don't have pictures to go with the stories.... But I've decided just the stories are better than no story and no picture. Ha ha.
To start off, Alden has been going to nursery lately. He's not 18 months yet, but having a very influencial grandmother in the ward can help quicken the admission process. ;) My mom took him to nursery for a few weeks, and even asked for a calling in nursery too. So Alden hasn't exactly been in nursery by himself, but he loves it a lot. He loves the toys, snack, and friends. But He's the smallest in nursery (by quite a lot) and the only one who can't speak.
Another thing he really enjoys doing is hide-and-seek. He will hide behind the curtains or the couch and wait for me to say, "Where's Alden?" in Korean, and come out and smile. He also likes to play hide-and-seek with his bellybutton, whenever he's not wearing a onesie. He'll pull his shirt up and show us his bellybutton, lower the shirt down, throw his arms up in the air and say, "Adi adi adi?" I think he's trying to say 어디, which means "where" in Korean. He'll also pretend to look around the room and look right and left. Then he'll lift up his shirt and say, "여기," meaning "here." It's really cute, except when he tries to do the same at church and expose himself to the ward members... lol. Sometimes he'll even try to pull his pants down, and once, he even mooned the whole nursery class.... :P
Alden also loves when anyone sneezes, and he'll laugh whenever anyone does. Lately, I mean, since yesterday, he started imitating a sneeze, and it's sooooo cute. It sounds like, "ehhhh choo." I'll see if I can get it on video and put it online. :D
Big news.... Yesterday, Joe and I took Alden to the University Mall. They have a tree house with a slide, and Alden recently discovered slides and how fun they are, so I wanted to go play with him for an hour. While Alden and I were going down the slide together, his new sneakers caught on the surface of the slide. He rolled his left ankle and his foot went under my leg as we went a foot farther on the slide. I thought I heard a snap or a pop and was terrified that he may have broken his leg. Alden, by then, was crying his lungs out and wouldn't stop. Joe and I took his shoe and sock off and examined his lefts. I didn't see any obvious breaks and bruises, etc., but we wanted to make sure that he didn't seriously injure his leg. We went to the emergency room, and it was surprisingly empty. Alden's cries filled the whole emergency room and they had to eventually shut the door so it wouldn't be as loud.... Getting the x-ray was a challenge, too. He didn't want to lie down, let alone stay still on the table for more than a second. They had to hold him down and I felt like crying... Fortunately, he didn't have any breaks, so we were able to come home after a big dose of ibuprofen and tylenol. He went to sleep okay, but woke up in the middle of the night crying. We gave him more tylenol and an hour of Pororo (nothing a little bit of Pororo can't fix), and he was able to fall back asleep. Now, he's okay if he doesn't use his foot, but he'll cry in pain if he touches it or accidentally moves or puts weight on it. Hopefully he'll recover soon and be able to run around soon. I don't know how much longer he can handle just sitting or lying all day long.... Today we've been watching Pororo all day. By all day, I mean, literally ALL DAY.... (sigh)...
Anyway, I'll put some pictures up later. Wish us luck with keeping him from running around. lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment