Friday, May 7, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt

Okay.. It’s been kinda crazy around here with the move and my brother’s wedding reception. My computer didn’t have internet until today, and Joe’s laptop doesn’t have a working card reader… So I haven’t been able to post anything. Sorry.

The day before Easter (general conference), there was an Easter Egg Hunt event at the Pioneer Park in Provo. It was during Saturday morning conference, but I convinced Joe to let us go.. lol.

We barely made it on time, and there were so many kids and parents, we didn’t think we’ll be able to find a parking spot on time. We saw the perfect parking spot open, except it was a little too small for anyone to park (thus being left open until then). Joe successfully parked there with about 4 inches on both sides of the car (wow). We just made it to the first circle as they blew the whistle, only to find out that we were in the 9-10 age group circle! I helped Alden pick up one egg, and I hurried and picked up three more and put them in his basket before the whole park was cleaned out in 10 seconds!

We ran over to the toddler section but it was already well cleaned out by the overly zealous parents… Ha ha.

So that… is the story of our first Easter Egg Hunt. Fortunately, two of the eggs had Smarties in them, one of the few candies Alden can eat, so I divided them up in to all the eggs equally and gave them back to him. He loved the idea of having candy in those brightly colored balls. Ha ha.

We didn’t have time to take any pictures over at the park, so here are some pictures of him opening them up and sharing the candy with grandpa and daddy.

 P4040004 P4040010 P4040013 P4040018 P4040021 P4040023 P4040024

No comments: