At the university mall in Orem, they have a playground with a giant treehouse where kids can play. They have a fake dinosaur bones and a slide. We like to go there since it's indoors (yay, no sunburn!) plus I've discovered that Alden will play (somewhat) by himself so I can just sit and keep an eye on him. (And yes, this is where he broke his leg a few months ago...).
Alden is not very adventurous but if he sees other kids doing something (like going down a slide), he will venture out and do the same. But he doesn't play WITH anyone else. The most I've seen him interact with other kids is just hovering around them and watching what's going on. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with not being able to communicate. If there is a line to go down the slide, he will just go let everyone else go in front of him and wait until there is no line to go down the slide.
No comments:
Post a Comment