Everyday, I realize more and more that Alden is not a "baby" anymore. He is now a small kid, and he acts more and more like a kid everyday. He just can't talk yet. lol. He has such a cute personality, and Joe and I can't stop saying, "He is SO CUTE!"
He recently learned how to indicate how old he is, and when asked in Korean, he can stick his index finger out. We figured he was just responding to the question itself and thought he probably didn't know what that one finger meant. But a couple days ago, the exchange student that is staying with us (her name is Chloe, she'll be with us for the next few years) was telling him that he could only have one treat and not two, and Alden stuck his index finger out!! I was so surprised that he knew what one finger meant. And yesterday, he figured out how to stick two fingers out! :D So he can now count up to two. Ha ha ha, and go straight to five, because he can't do 3 or 4 fingers. lol. He loves to sing the 10 little indian boys song (no matter how politically incorrect it may be) and count with his fingers.
Alden is such a nice kid. Yes, I know what they say about the terrible twos, and Alden does seem to have gotten worse (saying NO to everything), but compared to other kids his age, he seems to have a nice temper. When he goes to nursery, he never pushes or hits other kids, and he easily gives up toys to other kids and doesn't complain. He just looks for a different toy to play with. As long as he understands the reasoning and our explanation, he listens to our instructions. He is only allowed to use his binky when he sleeps, so when he wakes up, I ask for it back. Sometimes when he's really tired and cranky, he's reluctant to give it up, but he usually spits it out on my hand when I tell him he doesn't need it because he's not sleeping anymore. When we went to Moab, he found many, many rocks to throw, and he wanted to throw them everywhere. So we explained to him that throwing rocks on the road was dangerous and could hurt people. We told him to only throw the rocks at the bushes, and that's exactly what he did!! He walked up to the bushes and threw the rocks in. :D
I've been having Alden help when I bake stuff, like pouring milk in the bowl and mixing stuff. He especially loves to make his own easy mac. Today we cooked a packet of Easy Mac, and he ate the whole thing! He's never been able to finish it before, so I was so impressed and happy that he did! :D Especially because he's been sick and hasn't had much appetite. Hopefully it means that he's getting better and getting ready for another growth spurt.
Okay, an update on our little Ellie. She's been really good. She's been really active and been growing a lot. Actually, she's grown so much in just the last month that my belly looks enormous compared to just a month ago. The doctor even told me that I'd gained too much weight in the second trimester and told me to watch what I eat.... Ha ha. She moves around constantly when she is not asleep, which is different from Alden. Alden had very strong kicks and jabs, but Ellie gives small kicks constantly and never stops moving! She's going to be a one active girl. We're so excited to have her come in December. :D




No comments:
Post a Comment