Tuesday, October 19, 2010

2 year check up

Today we went to Alden's two year check-up. It was at one o'clock and we didn't have time to have lunch, so we went to McDonald's drive through and got some food. The doctor was running late, and it turned out to be a good thing because we had time to finish our lunch in the waiting room. Al had McNuggets, fries, and apple juice for lunch. I don't know what it was, but on the way there, he was really tired and almost fell asleep, but as soon as we got there, he got really hyper and started running in circles and dancing. Anyway, he was very cooperative with the nurse checking his weight and height and everything, and I was so proud of him (until I was told that his height was only on the 5th percentile.... lol.).

When the doc came in, I was explaining to her how Alden had been pooping three times a day for the last couple days. At least it wasn't diarrhea but he was starting to get a rash. Right in the middle of me telling her this story, he pooped right in front of the doctor... And it was a nasty diarrhea... The rash had gotten so bad, and he leaked through the diaper so I had to strip him and change his diaper in the middle of the appointment.... :(  Alden wasn't so happy about the diaper change, probably because it hurt a lot, and started refusing to be touched by the doctor and was whining... But as soon as the diaper was back on and he had calmed down a little, he was back to his normal self and was being so good with the doctor. The doc even let him play with the ophthalmoscope, and Al turned the knobs and enjoyed himself a lot.

At the end of the appointment, he was so excited and hyper, he waved his hand at the doctor and also bowed to say goodbye to her. She thought he was so adorable. :D  Anyway, he followed her out to the hallway and was dancing and running in circles and was being so happy. It was so nice to not have to hold him or deal with a cranky kid.... :)

His height is in the 5th percentile, weight in the 50th percentile, which puts his BMI at 95th percentile.... He has only gained a couple pounds in the last 6 months, and I was worried about him not gaining weight, but I guess it doesn't really matter if he's not getting much taller either.... Ha ha.

Lately, he has been saying some new things and making up sentences. He likes to say "No" as usual, but now he can say, "No way!" He also likes to form sentences by combining some words he knows with his sign language. As an example, he can say "marble" and "go", so he will say "marble go" as he does the sign language for "all done (turning both hands in the air)" to say that he is done playing with his marble toy.

He also likes to tell stories of what he has done or what he saw happen. For example, I fell asleep the other day on the couch while Alden was playing with his toy, and when I woke up 45 minutes later (oops), I found that he had completely dismantled his marble toy. So like an hour later, he said, "엄마 (mommy) 코 (Koh - snoring sound), marble kah (crash), marble uh-oh." I think he was trying to tell me, "while mommy slept, I knocked the marble toy down and made a mistake." Ha ha.

I don't have any pictures right now because they are all on the other laptop. I will post them when I get to them later... :P

No comments: