We had a fun halloween this year. Alden dressed up as Woody from Toy Story. It was his favorite movie for a while, and he loves playing with his Buzz toys and reading his Toy Story books. I am a really cheap mom, so I didn't buy him the nice Woody costume from the Disney store. (It's like 40 bucks!) Since I buy all of our stuff from the DI, I decided to gather some costume stuff from the DI. So in the last couple months, I've been trying to find anything related to Woody's outfit whenever we went to the DI (and trust me, we go there a lot). I was able to find a pair of cowboy boots for $2 and a hat that looks cowboyish enough for $2 (even though it looks completely different from Woody's hat). I also found a bunch of cow-print fabric to make the vest with for $3 (there was about 50 sheets of 12x15 in fabric in there). I only used 4 of them (2 to make the actual vest with and 2 that I experimented with) so I have no idea what I'm going to do with the rest of them... (any ideas?) I also found a red handkerchief at the DI for 50 cents that I cut into a smaller size to fit Al around his neck. And I bought one of those foam sheets from Michael's (It was 99 cents and I got additional 40% off with a coupon) and made his sheriff badge and his belt. Anyway, the original plan was to have me dress up as Jessie and Joe as Andy, but I ran out of time (I spent too long sewing up his vest by hand - the sewing machine is broken and I don't know how to use it anyway). But I think his costume turned out okay enough (even though no one realized he was Woody and all thought he was just a plain cowboy... lol). The best thing ever was that Alden learned how to say "Woody" and loved going trick-or-treating. Here are some pictures from the day. :D
Getting ready to go to the ward party.
Sheriff Woody with my mom. :D
Only picture I got of Al alone with the hat on.... lol.
And the only family picture we got that day... lol.
Inspecting/enjoying the day's harvest. He actually got a lot more but I hid the ones i didn't want him to eat. lol. Joe and I will eat those.... (Joe says they are tax)
1 comment:
Oh man! Al looks so cute!
Post a Comment