Happy Valentine's Day!
Joe and I have this thing with Valentine's Day, and every year, someone ends up getting sick (me, Joe, or one of the kids) and something happens and we have to change our plans for Valentine's Day. So this year, we didn't even bother making any plans for the day. And of course, Alden started getting sick on Sunday (cough and a slight fever) so Joe had to bring him home after sacrament (that was after Ellie pooped all over herself and Alden puked during sacrament). Alden is such an active kid, even when he is sick, he refuses to slow down. He will run around the house and take off his socks and jump around, etc. So yesterday, we just let him watch tv all day. He sat in my mom's heated bed and watched Dora the Explorer all day long (he finished season 2, which has like 25 episodes in it). In the afternoon, we got a text message from Joe's brother John that grandpa had had a stroke and was being transported to the hospital. Thankfully, it wasn't too bad and he is doing okay, but we decided to visit him at the hospital. Joe didn't get off work until later so we didn't end up leaving the house until 7. We left Alden with my mom and took Ellie to visit grandma and grandpa. On the way up, we got our Valentine's dinner at Wendy's and ate on our way on I-15. :) It was good to see the family and visit and to see that grandpa was doing okay. We even got to see Jamie (a rare treat. lol). We didn't get home until Valentine's day was almost over, but it was a pretty good day considering we gave each other good gifts and we also got to spend some alone time in the car during the drive (with a sleeping baby in the back). Joe gave me some nursing garments (he says they're not exactly the type of lingerie he wanted to get for me. lol) and a really pretty jar of canned peach. I specifically asked him not to get me any chocolate or candy (I can only take so much sugar) so that was such a nice gesture for him to get me the peach beacuse I LOVE canned peaches... I got him a set of black gold toe socks (which i have to return to Costco because Joe says they don't fit).
The Saturday before Valentine's day, we went up to Bountiful/Centerville to visit family and celebrate Joe's mom's birthday. We went to Joe's dad's house around noon, and Joe took a Kaplan practice test for the GMAT. Sophie and Laura came by for a while to play, and we got great pictures of Alden and Sophie. They also had great time together.
Then we visited grandma and grandpa and had a great time there. Alden loved playing with the toys, and Ellie loved being held by grandma. :)
For dinner, we went to Applebee's for dinner. It was my first time there, and I LOVED it!!!! We ordered two two-for-20's. We got a stuffed meatballs with fetuccini, sirloin stake, spicy riblets, asian salad, spinach and artichoke dip, and mozarella sticks. EVERYTHING, I mean, everything tasted so wonderful, and considering the fact that we've been very disappointed last couple times we've eaten out, i was soooooo happy and satisfied with the food. Except for the time Ellie pooped all over herself, it was a very nice evening. :) I am definitely going back to Applebees!
Oh, and on a side note, we've given up on potty training Alden for now. He's been sick for over a week, and everyone else in the family has been sick for a couple days too. We feel so bad for ellie because she can't breathe and has so much phlem, she keeps coughing but can't produce anything, which makes her throw up sometimes.... Poor little girl...
Alden has also beens studying very diligently. He practices writing the alphabet everyday and loves to read books. I bought him a few jumpstart type CDs from the DI, and he loves to study with them. Right now, his favorite one is Arthur's Reading Game. It reads him a story with animation, and he can play word games.
1 comment:
I love it. Your valentines day sounds like my birthday every year. Do you guys get the flu on your birthday because for some reason that is a tradition at our house. I'm glad it turned out well in the end. Alden and Ellie are so adorable as always. I just want to kiss Ellie's cheeks. They make me so happy.
Hope all is well!
Post a Comment