We've been really enjoying going to the park lately. Alden LOVES the playgrounds at the parks (we have so many to choose from in Provo/Orem area), and he LOVES meeting new friends there. We went to a new park today (Scera Park in Orem), and 3 minutes into playing (he had gone on the slide like once), he was running and lost his step. As he fell, he flew forward, and where he landed was a metal bar that was supposed to be a step up to another slide. He hit his face really hard on the bar, and he immediately started crying and bleeding. He was bleeding pretty bad, and the face was swelling up quickly, so I told him we needed to go home to put ice on his face. He was crying so hard, but not because it hurt, but because he didn't want to go home... I kept offering him different things like ice cream, ice chips, nintendo, tv, etc., but he just refused to go home. He wanted to play more. Poor thing. I had to just pick him up and force him into the car to bring him back home. I put an ice pack on it for 15 minutes and gave him a popsicle. He had some tylenol, and I think it helped with the pain. I'm so proud of him for not complaining about the pain, not just once. What a trooper. I love my boy!!!

1 comment:
Oh yikes! That's scary when they bleed really bad, I feel helpless. Luckily he didn't need stitches!
Post a Comment