Thursday, April 9, 2009

Internship in Korea

As you may already know by now, Joe got accepted to an internship in Korea with Hyundai Heavy Industries. We are so excited to go to Korea this summer. It's my first time in 8 years, and Joe's first time in 13 years!!! I am sure everything has changed so much. I just hope the language stayed the same at least the last 8 years so we can still communicate and get around when we get there. lol.

I booked our plane tickets last night. We will be leaving on May 6th and coming back on August 26th. Yes, we will be celebrating Joe's birthday in Korea with his mom. It will be so much fun.

We are planning to visit lots of relatives, tourist sites, etc. We are still trying to think of a way to be more active (instead of being couch potatoes as we are now) so that we can get out more and be immersed in the culture and language, especially for Joe. We're hoping that his Korean will improve much over the summer (I have my fingers crossed). If you have any suggestions, please let us know.

We heard that John is doing much better. That is such a great news! We pray for him every night. :)





2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm sad you guys are leaving but it will be such an amazing experience! I hope we see you a few times before you go.

Jane Birch said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your internship. Your momm already told me, and I'm very excited for you, but it will be sad not to see Yuson for 4 months!!!! Gami Imo