Oh, I forgot to mention...
Alden has a big old cast on his leg. Poor thing.
We thought he had just an ankle sprain, which did swell up and get better in a couple of days.
But he would just refuse to put weight on his left foot, no matter what we tried.
We were afraid that he'd become afraid of putting weight on it and would forget how to walk eventually...
So a week after his accident, I called the pediatrician's office, and they told me to come in right away (actually in about an hour of when I called!). The doctor explained to us that sometime kids his age get something called "toddler's fracture," and it doesn't usually show up on the x-ray until 10-14 das after the injury. He recommended that we have another x-ray taken, so we drove to the hospital to get that done. Turns out, he has a hairline fracture on his upper shin, so we had to go back the next day to get a cast done on his leg. He's been in the cast for about 10 days now, and is completely back to normal. He's been running around in the cast almost normal, but he has to be in the cast for another couple weeks. I will post pictures soon, I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment