Friday, March 25, 2011

Fun with Sophie


Sophie and Alden are like best friends, and they are always asking for the other one. They love to play together, so we, the parents, try as much as possible to get them together to play. It's kinda hard cuz we live an hour apart, but we can get them together at least 2, 3 time a month.

The other day, we went up to Bountiful for Joe's friend Elise's wedding, so we called Tom and Laura to see what they were up to that day. They said they were going to the park to fly a kite, so we decided to join them before heading to the reception. Laura said that Tom got a P-51 kite, and Joe and I wanted to get a kite, too, so I went to Costco to get the Buzz Lightyear kite I saw there the other day (both Alden and Sophie are big toy story fans). They did have kites, but just not he Buzz Lightyear one (they sold out!). So I decided to try different CostCo's since we would be driving up towards Bountiful anyway. I talked to Lehi, Sandy, West Jordan, Salt Lake, and Bountiful CostCo for at least 5 minutes each (because they had to send someone down to check)... Well, no one had the Buzz kite anymore so after spending like half an hour on the phone and another half hour online trying to find a cool kite, I gave up buying one altogether... :P

When we got to the park, Sophie and Alden weren't interested in flying kites at all. They just wanted to play on the playground. Ha ha. So the dads (Tom and Joe) tried to fly the kites and there just wasn't enough wind to fly the kite... ha ha.





Yeagi and her boyfriend, Jonathan, invited us to go to the zoo with us, and they invited Sophie and Laura, too. So we got to go to Hogle zoo in Salt Lake. We had so much fun. The kids had fun looking at the animals and eventually playing at the playground... lol.





No comments: