James learned his first word! He says "Mama." Guess what he is referring to? WATER!
Yeah... Water... before he even learned to say Mommy or Daddy. So sad. But he is so cute! He is growing up fast. Not sure really about physically. He's got his 1 year check up tomorrow. But he is learning to do new things everyday. He loves to pretend to play the wii by holding up the wii remote and shaking it up and down. He can actually turn the TV on and off, although he doesn't really seem to be interested in much of what's on the TV.... He loves to smile and mimic you if you yawn.
In just the past couple days, he has grown really, really clingy. He would not let me get out of his sight. He does play really well with his siblings, or even by himself, as long as I am sitting in the same room. But as soon as I stand up and start to walk to the other side of the room, he starts to cry and crawl towards me, super fast. If he can't catch up, he will put his head down on the ground in despair and cry even harder.
He is a big daddy's boy. He looks the most like Joe's baby pictures out of all of the kids, and he is the first one to prefer daddy over mommy. I think it has to do with the fact that I can no longer pay more attention to the baby with all the kids swarming around, and daddy is always there to pick him up when he is being "abandoned" by mommy. Joe loves it! The other day, he had a nightmare and woke up crying. I picked him up and rocked him for about 20 minutes before he realized that daddy was sitting close and pointed at him. As soon as Joe took him, he stopped crying.
He can now stand up on his own and stay standing for a few seconds before he decides to sit back down to crawl.
On his 1st birthday, he chose the thread indicating a long, healthy life.
James gives us a lot of joy. He makes everyone around him so happy with one of his silly smiles. His siblings adore him and love to play with him and get his attention. He eats well, sleeps well, and poops well (too much sometimes). I will update again when I have the stats from the doctor's office!





No comments:
Post a Comment