So... I've always thought that Alden had features that made him look more caucasian than most asian babies. I was proud that he didn't lose his 1/4 white features because of the dominant asian features. Well, after looking at him sitting by Sophie, I changed my mind... He looked completely ASIAN! Nevertheless, he is as cute as ever, and we love him dearly.
My sister Yearim, she loves Alden much, and she loves to take pictures of him. This picture was taken with her cell phone. After looking at the picture for a few seconds, she says, "Alden looks like a Bulldog."
Hm... I guess I do see a little bit of a resemblance..
I think he looks more like Mashimaro, a Korean cartoon character.

Here's a picture of Alden sleeping on our bed, again. He likes to sleep on our bed like a big person. We've moved his bassinet to the foot of our bed, and I put a blanket under the pad to give it a little big of an angle so he's propped up when he sleeps. He's slept well in it (for the first time!) last couple nights. :) I'll put up pictures later.


My mom is a pro with Alden. I guess she's had four kids and is very experienced... Whenever she babysits for us, Alden sleeps really really really well. Even when he's hungry or just plain fussy, he calms down really well with my mom. It just boggles my mind....

Last night was our ward Christmas party up at Aspen Grove. We got to take a family picture, which is a rare thing for us since I'm the photographer of the family. They served us ham, potatoes, squash, salad, etc. The food was great, and Joe had 3 full plates! Even Alden took a whole bottle and was very good throughout the whole evening. :)
Hm... I guess I do see a little bit of a resemblance..
I think he looks more like Mashimaro, a Korean cartoon character.
Here's a picture of Alden sleeping on our bed, again. He likes to sleep on our bed like a big person. We've moved his bassinet to the foot of our bed, and I put a blanket under the pad to give it a little big of an angle so he's propped up when he sleeps. He's slept well in it (for the first time!) last couple nights. :) I'll put up pictures later.
My mom is a pro with Alden. I guess she's had four kids and is very experienced... Whenever she babysits for us, Alden sleeps really really really well. Even when he's hungry or just plain fussy, he calms down really well with my mom. It just boggles my mind....
Last night was our ward Christmas party up at Aspen Grove. We got to take a family picture, which is a rare thing for us since I'm the photographer of the family. They served us ham, potatoes, squash, salad, etc. The food was great, and Joe had 3 full plates! Even Alden took a whole bottle and was very good throughout the whole evening. :)
Waiting for the food....


And to our surprise, Alden has started taking the pacifier! It is amazing what it can do...... Last night, after his meal at the Christmas party, he didn't eat again until 3 am! That is whopping 8 hours! That gives me hope that maybe some day he'll sleep through the night, and I'll be able to get 8 hours of sleep.... uninterrupted...
And to our surprise, Alden has started taking the pacifier! It is amazing what it can do...... Last night, after his meal at the Christmas party, he didn't eat again until 3 am! That is whopping 8 hours! That gives me hope that maybe some day he'll sleep through the night, and I'll be able to get 8 hours of sleep.... uninterrupted...
Oh, and since he's cheeks are so plump, he got marks on his cheeks from his pacifier. I thought it was really funny. You can kind of see the pink marks (faint x around his mouth) in this picture.

1 comment:
That cracks me up! Sophie weighed 12 pounds 3 oz with just her diaper on!
Post a Comment