In Korea, turning 100 days old is a big deal. I guess babies didn't used to make it that far as often a long time ago, and the tradition stayed. It's kind of like a baby shower except it's with the baby, and Koreans usually go all out and rent out a reception hall, invite the whole family and town, and have a full-on buffet. Well, we couldn't afford to do that for Eli.... So we decided to have a small party at the house.
For Al, we had a really big baby shower, and we actually forgot about his 100 day. Oops. At the end of the day, we realized it was his 100 day birthday, and managed to take one picture. For Ellie, my mom didn't want a baby shower but wanted a 100 day party instead, so she had a pretty big one, with the help of both her grandmas.
For Eli's party, both grandmas were gone. One in Chicago, and the other in Hawaii. But I had some help from my sister and some friends, so it wasn't too bad. We had the party Sunday evening. I had all the food stuff planned out earlier that week and had gone shopping. Joe and I worked from Friday night to decorate the house and to prepare the ingredients. I made Teriyaki Chicken, Japchae, rice, stir fried veggies (courtesy of Yeagi and Walmart), Thai curry, and Kimchi. I also had some rolls from CostCo, Salad that our neighbors brought, and fruits that my friend Moa brought.
We invited friends and family, and most of Joe's family was there except for Jamie and Sam (Sam was sick) and grandpa. Jonathan B's grandmother was visiting and wasn't feeling good, so he stayed home with her, and Yeagi came with her parents-in-law. We had three families from the neighborhood come (Hutchings, Lees, and Neffs), and Nancy and Moa came.We just had a good time getting together and eating. We had cheesecake, cookies that Laura made, and ice cream for dessert. I was too busy eating and having fun with friends and family that I forgot to open presents until most people had left... :P Oh well. Eli behaved really well through the party and looked very handsome in his new plead button-up shirt that my mom bought. :)
Thanks everyone for coming!



1 comment:
We are so sad we couldn't be there! He is a cutie. None of your kids really look alike (as babies at least!) And the food looks delicious as usual. What a great mom!!
Post a Comment