Monday, March 23, 2009

Confused Daddy

So last night, I was reading late in bed after Joe had already gone to sleep. All of a sudden, I was surprised to find Joe, sitting up on the bed, glaring down at me. I thought maybe he was upset at me for reading so late at night. I timidly said,

"Hi."

He looked at me for another few seconds, and laid back down and closed his eyes. So thinking that he was really upset at me, I asked,

"Can I kiss you?"

His answer was,

"Mmm."

But his face was angled down so that I couldn't kiss his lips. So after giving him a kiss on his cheek, I asked again,

"Can I kiss your lips?"

"Mm.."

So I tried kissing his lips, but he wouldn't let me. He kept avoiding my lips. After a few failed attemps, I asked again.

"May I please, please kiss your lips?"

"Mmm."

"Well... I love you."

"Mmm."


So I finally gave up and started reading again. Several minutes later, I found Joe, again, glaring down at me with a scary face.

"Hi."

He laid back down and closed his eyes back up.

"Can I kiss you on the lips?"

"Mmm."

"Why?"

"Mmm."

So I tried a few more times with no avail. So I started to get so confused and upset.

"Why can't I kiss you on the lips?"

"Mmm."

"I love you."

"Mmm."

Well, I wasn't going to take this without an answer so I demanded him an explanation.

"Tell me why I can't kiss you on the lips."

Still half asleep, he muttered something like this,

"Because... You..... I.... You... Can't... Get sick..."

Finally I realized that this whole time, he was thinking that one of us was sick with the cold. (Whenever one of us gets sick, Joe doesn't let me kiss him on the lips.)

"Hey! But I'm not sick. You're not sick. None of us will get sick!"

"Wha... what? That soundns iffy..."

Keep in mind, he is still about 70, 80% asleeep.....

Anyway, so I gave up trying to kiss him and let him sleep.


After I had finished reading, I turned off the lights and cuddled up to Joe.

"Hey, I'm going to kiss you on the lips."

This time, he didn't give an answer so I just kissed him on the lips. Still very confused, he asked the final question that made me laugh, rolling on the bed.

"Why couldn't I earlier?"
Don't we all love Joseph Rigby... :D

1 comment:

puppyholic said...

아예 노벨을 써라-_- ㅋ