Hi. I know I haven't really updated the blog lately... There were a lot of things, well, just one big thing going on that kept all of us busy. Little Al's been pretty sick with a double ear infection, and I've had to go to the doctor's office pretty much every single day for the last couple weeks. Anyway, long story short, i'll just post a copy of email that Joe wrote to Jamie. That'll sum up our last couple weeks pretty well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey buddy-
What is up? I'd say this has been another good week, but Al and I were sick. We went to a local doctor several times when Al first got sick and he gave us two different sets of antibiotics. Well, Al kept getting worse, so we went a Pediatrician in downtown Ulsan (he was recommended to us by some Korean/American branch members). The doctor did a good job of checking him out and he finally got some effective medicine and has been doing better. He ended up having a cold along with both ears infected really, really, really bad.
One thing I noticed about Korean medical care is that they want you in a lot. You know how in America they will give you medicine good for a week then tell you to come back if it doesn't work?, well here they give you like a day or two worth of medicine and have you come back every day or every other day.Good thing it's cheap to go to the doctor here.
I got a cold from Al last Friday, but I'm doing almost good now. Poor YY has had to tend to Al almost the whole time (he is super clingy when he is sick) and she is exhausted (and all of her shirts have baby snot on them). Bless her heart. Work has been good, I even took off Monday so YY and I could take Al to the hospital (and I was sick too). Nothing too much else going on with us other then sickness.
[Some side note. 목욕탕 is the public bath house, and it's a part of 찜질방 (jjim jil bang), that has many different sauna rooms with different temperatures and themes. 위국인, which should be spelled 외국인, means "foreigner."]
A mildly funny story about a 위국인 named Joe. YY and I went to the Jjim jil bang the other day (while Al was sleeping) and I still haven't gotten the hang of it. I undressed and put all my clothes in the shoe locker..., and then went to the 목욕탕 first instead of the jjim jil bang... which kept YY waiting for me right outside. She called the 목욕탕 i was in and told them that her 위국인 husband is probably lost in there. They found a 위국인, but it was the wrong foreigner. Eventually they got me though. After I finsihed the call with YY the guy that worked there showed me that my shoes goes in one locker and the bigger locker is for the clothes.( I thought it was strange to get naked right next to the entrance anyway.) . We stayed in some of the really hot rooms and got a massage in one of those massage chairs. It was fun. I think that by next time, I will have the whoe jjim jil bang thing down
Anyway, if we get time, I'll have YY send some pics of this week. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Love ya a bunch!
Joe, Yaeyoung and 유선
-----------------------------------------------------
Pictures coming right up.
No comments:
Post a Comment