Thursday, June 18, 2009

More improvements

So.. a lot of korean ladies told me that Alden must have been sick because he was going through a growing spur, and he'd be able to do a lot more tricks once he got better. And it was true! It is so fun to see him being able to do more things everyday. Here is the list.

1. He is more lively than ever, sometimes we wonder where he gets all of his energy. He crawls everywhere with super speed and tries to get into everything, especially plastic bags (that often say "Keep out of reach of babies. Danger of suffocation") and electric cords. I put all of his toys in one plastic bin, and he likes to knock if over and get all of his toys out, one by one, and throw them on the floor.

2. He can say "Mom" "Dad" "Food" in Korean, kind of. I'm not really sure if he knows what they mean. I think he knows what "mom" means....? Well, at least, he really likes to repeat after what we say.

3. He's a real screamer. He likes to scream for.... nothing. lol. I don't know why, but he would just randomly scream.

4. He can also grawl really well.

5. He can smack his lips and make kissing noises but he doesn't know how to properly kiss yet.

6. He give us hugs sometimes but not on demand.

7. He likes the company of other kids more and likes to play with other people. He cries when people leave the room.

8. He can sit up on his own.

9. He can pull himself up and stand.

10. And finally and mostly, he pooped in the toilet today!!! I was so proud of him. :D He was making sign of pooping (mostly the face and the yell that he does), and I heard him fart, so I pulled off his diaper and put him on the toilet. I encouraged him to give it a try, and he pooped! I was so happy. :D I missed the second time he pooped today (he's been having stomach problems lately from the antibiotics so he poops 3-4 times a day), but hopefully when he goes back to the regular schedule, we can really work on him pooping in the toilet.

1 comment:

Laura said...

You will have to let me know how you're teaching him to poop on the toilet and how it goes, I would love to get Sophie going in the toilet too.