Monday, November 17, 2008

A hard day of shopping

Today, for the first time, I went shopping w/ Alden all on my own. I got to go to the bank, CostCo, and Albertsons to run errands and buy groceries, etc. Well, funny story about the bank. I went through the drive thru since I didn't want to bother take the carseat out of the car. This reminded me of the last time I went through the drive thru at UCCU. You know, one of those container thing that you put stuff in to give to the teller... Well, I took that tube thing home. Ha ha. It wasn't until I was almost home that I realized I had that with me in the car. So I turned around and drove back to the bank. There was this Japanese lady with a really confused look on her face at the drive-thru. She had gotten out of her car to look for the thing... So I handed her the tube and left. lol.

It was pretty hard trying to carry all the stuff I bought, plus the baby in the carseat. Hopefully, soon enough, I wouldn't have to keep him in the carseat. It'll take the extra weight off. And on a side note, baby stuff is expensive! Good thing we don't have to pay for his food, yet.


Last night, Joe and I were trying to keep Alden awake so that he'd sleep better later that night. He kept falling asleep even though we were patting him on the back to burp him, lifting him up, singing songs, etc. So we gave up and put him in the bassinet (that he hates) and he woke right back up. We cycled through the steps a few times, and finally, he fell asleep and stayed asleep in his bassinet for the first time! We were so happy, I even took a picture to remember the moment. Of course, he woke up half an hour later, and we ended up sleeping on the couch again....

Bonus picture today. I used the pillow to prop him up to nurse him while I was on the computer. After he was done, he was lying on the pillow, looking up at me, and this reminded me of a fish on a cutting board.... for some reason....

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love the blog the story about the bank tube! I'm excited to read your blog!