Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our hero gpa Rigby

Today Joe and I were invited to attend the American Heritage class taught by Matt Holland. The topici today was on foreign policy, war, etc., and Brother Holland invited Gpa and Gma to attend the lecture. At the end of the lecture, Brother Holland introduced Alden Rigby as a war hero, showed a little clip from the Discovery Channel documentary, and gave this little speech. It was very touching, and at the end, everyone stood up and gave grandpa and grandma a standing ovation. Everyone lined up to meet them after class. Some girls got very emotional and were crying. There were some servicemen that were very honored to have met grandpa. In fact, there were too many people that Brother Holland had to make people go outside and greet grandpa and grandma so that the next class could start. It was very fun to see grandma and grandpa. I wish little Al could understand the lecture so he could feel proud of being named after grandpa. I felt proud to be a Rigby, even though technically, I'm still a Kim, legally...





Grandpa and Grandma listening to the same lecture for the third time. And Alden got bored and fell asleep after the first lecture (we skipped the second one). Grandma did say that it got better and better.




Brother Holland giving the lecture.




Standing ovation.




Loot at all those people lined up! There must be over a 100 people!




I keep telling Joe, he looks like Grandpa.






I wanted him to look my direction for the picture but he just kept looking at Joe so I started singing and dancung and he looked right at me. :)

No comments: