Saturday, November 15, 2008

Long Distance Baby Monitor

Earlier today, Joe and I went to my mom's house to rake her leaves. After Joe was done raking the leaves, he needed my help with putting the leaves into the garbage bags. Well, no one was home to watch Alden for us, and we didn't want to take him out into the cold. So we used our phones as a baby monitor (only works if you have free mobile-to-mobile plan. lol.). I called his phone and put my phone by the baby, while keeping Joe's phone w/ me with the speaker on. It worked out great. :) So later today, when I had to go do the laundry, I did the same thing. (We do have a baby monitor at home, but we're too lazy to put in the batteries. And I get free minutes on weekends anyway... ) I called my cell phone from the house phone, put the house phone by the sleeping baby, and went to the laundry with the speaker on my phone. I guess this won't work during the week when I don't get free unlimited minutes, oh well, but it worked well when I needed it so I'm happy with it.


Oh, and here's a bonus picture of Alden making a funny face.




1 comment:

Jane Birch said...

My favorites so far: Keeping the bank tube, Grandpa Rigby being honored in Matt Holland's class, and little Alden finding his twin brother!