Monday, January 12, 2009

Busy week

This week, Joe and I are going to our first wedding show at the Thanksgiving Point for our wedding invitation business. We are excited to go, and we are busy trying to get ready for the big weekend. There are many things to do that we didn't account for before this week, so we're cramming really hard, but hopefully everything will be ready by Friday. We are hoping that we could get some orders this weekend.... I am still trying to get over my cold, which I think is almost over. I'm just having a few coughs here and there, and the headaches and the sore throat are gone. Alden has scared me with coughing a little in the morning, but I don't think his cold will get as bad as mine. Joe seemed like he was doing much better, but he complained of really bad sore throat today, again... Hopefully he doesn't fall back into the cold. He's going to taking 18 credits this semester and really needs his health.

This summer, Joe orginally wanted to do an internship with LEK, which is a consulting firm located in California. We heard that due to the economic recession, they got rid of their internship program altogether. So we'll most likely be going to Korea this summer for Joe's internship. We're hoping that he'll be able to get an internship with Hyundai. In Korea, they require a picture with the resume, so below is the picture we sent them. (Notice the absence of smile. lol.)

Last Saturday, we had a little party with some friends and family. We made homemade pizza, sang karaoke, and watched a movie. A friend of ours found a song called "I like sexy girls" sung by JOE. lol. We thought it was funny, I had to take a picture of it.

Alden has finally found his thumb! Instead of sucking on his index finger, he now sucks on his thumb. lol. And drools himself to the point of getting the top of his shirt completely wet. lol.


He wore this overalls the other day, It's so cute! The picture doesn't show it very well, but I thought Al looked a lot like my brother, who's holding him. lol.

This is a video of Alden trying to locate his thumb to suck on. lol.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Good luck at the wedding show, hopefully you can make some really good contacts.
It sounds like Alden is teething. Excessive drool, coughing and chewing on everything (thumb) are all symptoms. Sophie is still at it, she's got 4 already and 2 more are visible under her gums. I think there are even more coming too since she's still drooling, chewing, coughing and has started tugging on her ears. Oh and really cranky.